Published on February 27th, 2018 | by The Perfume Expert
How to Prevent Hair Static in Winter
It’s Winter and that means HAIR STATIC!!!!
The sparkling falling snow may be pretty but cold weather makes our hair not so! Winter hair static is probably THE most annoying beauty problem of the year! But don’t worry because I’ve got the most genius hair tips on how to prevent winter hair static forever!
Fix staticy hair and prevent hair static for good with these simple steps!
Whether it’s due to the dry conditions and excessive contact to woolly sweaters, hats, turtle-necks, and constant wrapping of scarves, static electricity can build up on our body. When this happens it can cause the annoying, often unsightly, issue of static on our hair. Literally making our hair stand on end! But with a few tricks and products you don’t have to suffer from staticy hair again.
Here are the Top 10 surprising ways to get rid of hair static!
1. Use a pre-shampoo product to minimize unnecessary rubbing on hair shaft such as the Kerastase Resistance Pre-Shampoo. Also, switching to an oil-based cleanser in the Winter months keeps from stripping the hair of much needed moisture. Shu Uemura makes a great cleansing oil here suitable for all hair types. And never rinse with hot water!
2. Blow dry using an ionic hair dryer to neutralize the electrical charge like the Hai Beauty Concepts Styleset that reduces the electromagnetic charge and moisturizes hair.
3. Try to reduce your brushing and if necessary, use a metal brush, or spray your brush with hairspray before using.
4. Use a hair oil, like Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oil, to finish the ends preventing static and add shine. The great thing about this Kerastase oil is that it’s handbag size so great for mid-day touchups or for traveling.
5. Try an anti-static hairspray, like this Anti-Static spray by R&Co.
6. Mist hair with a spring-water spray, like Avene found here, throughout the day to prevent static and add hydration. Once again, these travel-friendly cans are great for taking with you on-the-go.
7. Swipe hair with an anti-static dryer sheet to eliminate static (keep one in your handbag for touch ups during the day). Or try the luxury version from Kerastase! The Carre Lissant Smoothing Sheets! Handy for in your purse, for on the go smoothing!
8. Throughout the day, whenever you apply your hand lotion, after rubbing it into your hands, swipe your hair also to eliminate frizz. Also, works if your applying lip balm by using the excess on your finger tips to smooth ends of hair.
9. When in a pinch, rub hair with a metal object, like a metal coat hanger before you hang your coat up, to neutralize the static.
10. Don’t wear rubber soled shoes! Believe it or not, rubber soles actually accumulate MORE electricity and when this electricity builds up, it is release through the top of your head…making your hair stand on end! Plus, who doesn’t like an excuse to get new shoes!