Published on July 17th, 2013 | by The Perfume Expert
DIY Beauty: How to Make Perfumed Body Powder
Don’t waste money buying expensive scented body powder when you can use this super easy DIY beauty recipe and learn how to make your own scented dusting powder for under $5!
Who said DIY beauty couldn’t be luxurious?!
This is the easiest thing to do to impart the ultimate luxury into your daily beauty routine!
Fancy perfumed body powders can cost up to $70 or MORE! But this DIY beauty recipe will cost you under $5 and you may even have ALL the ingredients already.
Whether you use an already existing favorite perfume from your vanity, or therapeutic essential oils to boost your mood, this easy recipe will leave you with beautifully scented skin.
Here is the easiest DIY beauty recipe for turning your regular baby powder (or any dusting powder) into perfume heaven!
- Get an empty plastic/glass container or jar with a lid. You can find these at Bath stores or places like Walmart/Asda or even Winners/TJ Maxx, etc. Look for containers used in bathrooms for bath salts or powders or powder puffs.
- Get a cotton ball or two and spray them with your favorite perfume. About 30 sprays. You can also put drops of essential oils like rose, ylang-ylang or lavender on the cotton balls instead (see below for more info on essential oils).
- Place the cotton ball(s) in the bottom of the container.
- Fill the container about half full with the baby powder and close the lid.
- Shake the container vigorously.
- Let the perfumed powder mixture stand for 10-14 days so the scent oils can permeate the powder.
- Get a soft powder puff from your local beauty or drugstore and ENJOY!
I love using essential oils when creating body powders. Not only do the oils smell like a dream, but they add additional health benefits from their aromatherapy principles!
For example: Lavender Oil or Bergamot help you relax, Rose and Ylang-Ylang are an aphrodisiac, Geranium balances emotions, Grapefruit and Orange lift your mood, Jasmine reduces anxiety, Lemon invigorates, Neroli boosts confidence, and Patchouli clarifies thoughts.
I always recommend Young Living essential oils because they are of the highest quality and are also certified to be the purest essential oils on the market. To find out more about Young Living essential oils, visit SimplyOiled.com